Samson MDA1 – To The Max.
Samson‘s MDA1 Mono Active Direct Box combines premium sound circuitry with durable, roadworthy construction, providing high-quality signal connection solutions for live sound and recording studio applications. The MDA1 operates on either batteries or phantom power and allows clean, balanced lines to be sent from your guitars and basses.
- All-metal, impact resistant design
- 2-position 0dB/-15dB attenuation switch
- Ground Lift switch
- 1/4″ Input and Thru
- Balanced XLR output
- 48V Phantom and 9V Battery power options
- Mono active direct box
- Frequency Response: 18Hz to 35kHz -3dB
- Maximum Input: +2dBu (9-volt battery)
- Gain: +4.8dB
- Dynamic Range: 105dB @ Balanced Output
- Noise Floor: -98dB (Pad Off)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.05% from 18Hz to 35kHz
- Input Impedance: 1MΩ (Pad On or Off)
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Input PAD Switch: 0dB, -15dB
- Ground Lift: Disconnects XLR pin-1 (Output)
- Connectors: 1/4” unbalanced (In & Thru) | XLR (Balanced Output)
Physical & Dimensions
- Power Supply: 48V phantom power or 9-volt battery
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis
- Product Weight: 1.34lb (611g)
- Gift Box Dimensions: 5.5” x 4.25” x 2.25” | 140mm x 108mm x 57mm
- Gift Box Weight: 1.49lb (676g)
- Master Carton Quantity: 20
- UPC (US only) : 809164018663
- SKU (US only) : SAMDA1
More about the MDA1
The active MDA1 provides an even frequency response on any audio signal you connect to regardless of its output impedance. As such, the MDA1 is ideal for connecting instruments with passive pickups, which have very high impedances, by preserving the top end of the instrument’s frequency response. The MDA1’s balanced output provides a clean signal that is less susceptible to noise than an unbalanced line, allowing for longer cable runs. In addition, a 2-position 0dB/-15dB attenuation switch lets you adapt the MDA1 to a wide variety of signals.
The MDA1’s Thru jack enables you to tap off the signal from the input and pass the signal to an amplifier or monitor without affecting the original audio. This can eliminate the need for miking guitar amplifiers, which depending on your application may be preferable, especially as more musicians are using in-ear monitors.
Housed in a 14-gauge noise-reducing steel chassis, the MDA1 is built to withstand the abuse of the most demanding live tours. Its rigid outer shell protects all the MDA1’s internal connections, switches and solder joints from failure, ensuring quiet, reliable performance.