ROLAND S4000M REAC Digital Merge Unit
The S-4000M Digital Snake – Merging Up to Four REAC Devices
The S-4000M REAC Merge Unit allows up to four Digital Snake heads to be merged into a REAC stream where the master device recognizes it as single REAC slave unit. This important technology enables distribution of multiple input/output units around a location, venue or stage for flexible point-to-point digital snake or V-Mixing System configurations.
- Merge up to 4 REAC devices into a single REAC stream
- Power REAC devices supporting embedded power
- Assign channels automatically with auto map function
- Patch input and output assignments using PC software or the M-400 / M-380 V-Mixer
- Automatically assign input channels using the Auto Map feature
More about the S-4000M
Merge up to four REAC devices together
The S-4000M merges up to four Digital Snake heads, such as the S-0808, S-1608 and S-4000, and merges the input/ouput to a single REAC signal. Ports 1 to 4 supply REAC embedded power to compatible product such a s the S-0808. The intelligent Auto Map function assigns input channels automatically. REAC master devices recognize the S-4000M as a single REAC slave unit even when multiple digital snake heads are connected.
Distribute outputs to multiple devices
The S-4000M also serves as a distributor of outputs and/or splitter. Any inputs returning from Port 1 (Master) are distributed to the outputs depending on the devices connected. When S-0808 sare connected, specific output assignments can be set.
Configure Routing from a PC or V-Mixer
The M-400 / M-380 V-Mixer or dedicated PC Remote Control Software (S-4000RCS) configures routing, input gain, PAD and phantom power.
- REAC (RJ-45 EtherCon type) x 1
- REAC EMBEDDED POWER (RJ-45 EtherCon type) x 4
- REMOTE (RS-232C, DB-9 type) x 1
- REAC EMBEDDED POWER: Red x 4
- LINK: Green x 5
- POWER: Blue x 1
- AUTO MAP SLAVE UNITS: Red x 1
- Switches: POWER x 1, MODE x 1, AUTO MAP SLAVE UNITS x 1
- Power Supply: AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption: 1.6A/AC 115 V/AC 117V | 0.9A/AC 220 V/AC 230 V/240 V | (At max output of REAC EMBEDDED POWER)
- Accessories (Included): Power Cord x 1, REAC Connector Cover x 5, Ferrite Core x 5, Rubber Foot x 4 Fastening Screw x 4, Owner’s Manual x 1
Physical and Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 218mm x 356mm x 87mm
- Weight: 3.0kg