ROLAND S 1608 Digital Stage Box
Compact and Portable Digital Snake System
The Roland S-1608 and S-0816 Digital Stage Box Snakes are compact versions of the popular S-4000 Digital Snake System. Easy to use and quick to install, the S-1608 Digital Snake System is a small format audio snake solution that offers the highest quality audio signal available in a portable snake system. The S-1608 Digital Snake system is ideal for bands, corporate A/V events, seminars, rental and staging houses, Houses of Worship and broadcasters that need the best possible sound quality from their audio without the high frequency losses and bulk of an analog snake.
- 16 input x 8 output configuration
- Compact, floor-based or rack-mountable design
- High resolution 24 bit / 96 kHz audio quality
- Remote controllable preamps using an S-4000R or free RCS software
- REAC low latency digital audio transmission system
- Easy and affordable splits and recording options
More about the S-1608
The REAC (Roland Ethernet Audio Communication) protocol is an industry proven, low latency, high quality 24 bit/ 96 kHz audio transport protocol used by the S-1608 and S-0816. The REAC protocol allows the Digital Snake’s signal to be “split” to as many positions as required such as monitor, broadcast and recording splits using the S-4000D or any standard gigabit Ethernet switch.
High Resolution Sound Quality
By placing high quality mic-pres on stage, the sound is amplified and converted at the closest point to the sound source, providing the best possible quality audio. The mic preamps can be controlled using the S-4000R or the free PC/Mac RCS software. By using Cat5e cable instead of large multi-core copper cable, the S-1608 Digital Snake system is immune to the “hums and buzzes” caused by electrical noise and ground issues and the high frequency losses inherent in analog snakes.
Easy Expansion for the S-4000 Digital Snake System
The S-1608 Digital Snake System can be used to easily expand the channel count of an S-4000 32 x 8 Digital Snake System to 48 x 16. Mix and match S-4000 and S-1608 Digital Snake Systems for customizable rental and installation systems.
Create Multiple Stage Configurations
Use multiple S-1608 Digital Snake Systems to create flexible stage configurations such as Left, Right and Center snake positions. Simply run Cat5e cables to the Front of House console for easy cable management on stage.
Split the S-1608 Digital Snake Easily for Monitoring, Broadcasting, or Recoding Applications
With the S-1608 Digital Snake system, the source audio can be digitally split using the S-4000-SP or any standard Ethernet switch. These loss-less digital splits can be routed over CAT5 cable to a monitoring console or a broadcast truck for recording.
- Number of Channels: S-1608 : 16 in 8 out S-0816 : 8 in 16 out
- AD and DA Conversion: 24 bit / 96 kHz
- Frequency Response: -2 dB / +0 dB (@ +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: 0.05 % or less (Pad: On, Input Gain: +4 dBu, 22Hz to 20 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB
- Cross Talk: -80 dB or less (Input Gain: +4 dBu, typ.)
- Nominal Input Level: -65 to -10 dBu (PAD: Off), -45 to +10 dBu (PAD: On) (1 dB step, Max. +28 dBu)
- PAD: 20 dB On/Off
- Input Impedance: 14 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: +4 dBu, Max. +22 dBu
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Physical & Dimensions
- Power Supply: AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption: 45W
- Phantom Power: +48 V / 14 mA (each input, remote controlled)
- Operation Temperature: 0 to +40 degrees Celsius +32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Accessories: Power Cord x 1, REAC Connector Cover x 1, Ferrite Cores x 1 Rubber Foot x 4, Rack Mount Kit x 1, Owner’s Manual
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 401mm x 135mm x 177mm
- Weight: 5.5kg