QSC RMX1450a Power Amp
- One of the leading amplifier series in the world
- Professional quality performance, reliability and convenient affordability
- High-current toroidal transformers
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and Clip LED indicators to monitor performance
QSC RMX1450a Power Amplifier 2x500W @ 4ohms (2x700W@2ohms) 2U
The RMXa Series is an update on a proven line of amplifiers line of amplifiers combining legendary QSC reliability, audio performance and affordability. Entertainers and touring users can continue to rely on the RMXa as one of the leading amplifier series in the world. For mid-power applications, the 2RU models offer 4Ω power ratings from 300 to 800 watts per channel. For premium loudspeaker systems with extremely high power capacity the 3RU models (RMX 4050a and RMX 5050a) are unchallenged.
The RMXa Series amplifiers from QSC offer true professional-quality performance at an affordable price.
Rackspace And Comprehensive Features
Three 2-rackspace models range in power from 430 to 1200 watts per channel at 2 ohms. Two 3-rackspace models provide 2000 to 2500 watts per channel at 2 ohms. All five models feature a compact chassis less than 16” deep.
RMXa amplifiers include a comprehensive set of features including XLR and 1/4” balanced inputs, Speakon® and binding post outposts for convenient connectivity. User-defeatable clip limiters and selectable low-frequency filters optimize sonic performance.
Sustained Power, Extraordinary Performance And Reliability
QSC’s RMX 5050a power amplifier represents state-of-the-art in professional quality performance at an affordable price. Perfectly suited for a wide range of sound reinforcement applications including professional touring, performing musicians, and mobile entertainers, the RMX 5050a is optimized to deliver high levels of sustained power, extraordinary audio performance and road-proven reliability.
The RMX 4050a is a “heavy duty” model designed to work as hard into 2 ohm loads as most competing amplifiers will at 4 ohms.
Three-tier, Class H Design
Both the RMX 5050a and RMX 4050a feature a three-tier, Class H design that is extremely efficient at real world power levels. Less AC current is wasted and more available current goes into producing useful audio power. 120 volt versions of the RMX4050a accomplish all this with a standard 15 amp plug.
Product Specifications General
- Stereo Mode: 8 ohms: TC 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.1% THD: 260W. EIA 1kHz, 0.1% THD: 280W.
- Stereo Mode: 4 ohms: FTC 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.1% THD: 400W. EIA 1 kHz, 0.1% THD: 450W.
- Stereo Mode: 2 ohms: EIA 1 kHz, 1% THD: 700W
- Bridge Mono Mode: 8 ohms: FTC 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.1% THD: 800W. EIA 1 kHz, 0.1% THD: 900W.
- Bridge Mono Mode: 4 ohms: EIA 1 kHz, 1% THD: 1400W
- Signal to Noise, 20 Hz-20 kHz: 100 dB
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): Less than 0.01%
- Input Sensitivity @ 8 ohms: 1.15V (+3.4 dBu)
- Voltage Gain: 40x (32 dB)
- Output Circuitry: AB
- Input Impedance: 10k ohms unbalanced, 20k ohms balanced
- Controls: Front: AC switch, Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 gain knobs. Rear: 10-position DIP switch
- Power Requirements: 100, 120, 230 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Physical & Dimensions
- Rack mounting: 48.3 cm
- Height: 8.9 cm (2 RU)
- Depth: 40 cm
- Weight: 18.2 kg net