KSub 12″ 1000W Dual Active Sub with DSP & PA Pole
The QSC K Series is quite simply the new standard in lightweight powered loudspeaker systems. QSC’s team of amplifier engineers have created a new standard in Class D power modules unparalleled in the industry. Next, breaking from the traditional loudspeaker paradigm, all full-range models (K8, K10, K12) are fitted with the identical 1.75″ high-frequency (HF) device for unparalleled performance, regardless of speaker size.
Extensive digital signal processing (DSP) is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy the system’s size and weight. Premium-grade materials, advanced construction processes and multiple mounting and suspension options allow for a wide range of live and installed applications.
- Lightweight portable powered speakers with legendary QSC amplifier power and reliability
- 1000 watt continuous Class D power modules in all models
- Extensive DSP enhances system performance
- Attractive and professional appearance
- Rugged ABS enclosures (K8, K10 and K12)
- Powder coated steel grille
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™ (fullrange models)
- Includes PA Pole for mounting K8/K10/K12 speakers on top
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation (fullrange models)
- K10 and K12 perform as main PA or stage monitors
- Configuration: 4th-order bandpass
- Transducers (Low-frequency): 2 × 12″ cone transducers
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 48 Hz – 134 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 44 Hz – 148 Hz
- Maximum SPL1: 130 dB peak
- Power Output2: 1000 W continuous Class D (2 × 500 W) | 2000 W peak
- Input Impedance: XLR / ¼”: 40 kΩ balanced / 20 kΩ unbalanced
- Controls: Power, Gain, LF Mode (Normal/DEEP™), Polarity (Normal/Reverse), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Connectors: Dual balanced female XLR/¼” line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100–240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 of full power): 100 VAC, 2.3 A | 120 VAC, 2.01 A | 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: Painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Dimensions (HWD) inches: 26 × 14 × 28.1 (including casters)
- Dimensions (HWD) mm: 665 x 356 x 714 (including casters)
- Weight (Net): 74 lb / 33.6 kg
- Available accessories: KSub cover
More about the KSub
Inputs, Outputs, Mixing and EQ
Combo XLR and 1/4″ TRS inputs accept both Mic and Line Level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KSub) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for “daisy-chaining” of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural “dead” or “hot” frequency zones.
Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line-array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat band pass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
Light and Rugged
K Series full-range models are housed in rugged yet light ABS enclosures with a professional appearance that is at home in any application. ABS is a far more robust material than conventional speaker plastics and offers an additional measure of sonic clarity due to its internal rigidity. Integral M10 suspension points and optional yoke mount accessories combined with the light weight enclosure make the K series a perfect choice for permanent installation.