Allen & Heath ZED1000 Mixer
Allen & Heath ZED Power 1000 is a rugged, reliable powered mixer that is built to deliver outstanding audio quality night after night. Created for gigging musicians, schools, PA and AV rental companies, hotels and conference centres, ZED Power 1000 is the professional choice for power and performance.
- Touring Grade Build Quality: ZED Power 1000 is designed and built to Allen & Heath’s legendary standards to ensure a long life in the toughest of live sounds environments. All channels are on individual, vertical circuit boards and all rotary controls are secured to the front panel with a steel nut to guard against impact damage.
- Pure Power: Selected for maximum ruggedness and low distortion, ZED packs enough power to comfortably rock 200-300 capacity venues with no distortion. The output can be set to feed L+R speakers, or Mono LR + Foldback, or Mono LR + Sub. ZED Power 1000 has a built in, 2 channel, high power class D amplifier, coupled to a super-reliable linear power supply. This combination provides the best of both worlds—the cool running efficiency of class D amplification allied to the proven robustness and peak headroom of a toroidal power supply, with the ability to cope with high demand surges.
- Simple, Efficient, Portable: ZED Power 1000 offers a super convenient solution for high quality PA on the move. The mixer weighs in at a modest 10.3kg (24lbs) and there is a tough carry handle built into the chassis, making it easy to take the mixer into the most challenging of venues.
- USB Playback/Recording: A flexible USB connection allows playback to / from a computer, so capturing a high quality stereo recording of the show or playing walk-in music or backing tracks from a laptop could not be simpler.
- Ultimate Guitar Tone: Two of the mixer’s jack inputs can take a normal line level or a low level, high impedance input from a guitar pickup, so guitars can be plugged straight into the mixer without the need for DI boxes. These inputs have been crafted to recreate the sound of a classic tube preamp in a combo or head amp for incredible definition and warmth.
- Audio Quality: The ZED preamps are developed by Allen & Heath’s pre-eminent analogue designer, Mike Griffin, and have earned an enviable reputation in pro audio circles for their exceptionally low noise and high headroom. Our passion for quality extends to the FX. Put simply, cheap FX sound cheap. That’s why we decided to invest the energies of our R&D team in crafting 16 of our own time-delay FX that we are proud to put our name to.
- 100% Professional: Professional touches like outputs on XLRs, inserts on the masters and sweepable mids on the EQ set ZED Power 1000 apart from the many semi-pro powered mixers on the market. Our attention to detail can also be felt from the Neutrik jacks and XLRs right through to the smooth glide ALPS faders – we don’t use the cheap components found in budget mixers.
- 2x500W Power Amp
- 8 Mic/Line Inputs
- 2 Stereo Inputs
- 1 Aux / FX Send
- 9 Band Graphic EQ
- Record Bus
- USB Recording / Playback
- Touring Grade Build Quality
- 2 Line Inputs with Class A high impedance for ultimate guitar tone
- 3 Band British EQ with Swept Mid
- 16 Studio Quality FX with Tap Tempo
- Mono channel (XLR) Input -10 to –60dBu for nominal (+11dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line Input (Jack socket) +10 to –40dBu (+31dBu maximum)
- Stereo Input (Jack or phono sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +15dB)
- L/R Outputs ( XLR) Normal/DI out 0dBu/-30dBu +21dBu/-9dBu maximum.
- Aux & FX Outputs (Jack sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Record & Monitor Outputs (phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Frequency Response
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz.
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 25kHz
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 10dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out 0.002%
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out 0.006%
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out 0.003%
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out 0.007%
- Gtr Input to Mix L/R Out, 0dBu, Boost OUT 0.015%
- Gtr Input to Mix L/R Out, 0dBu, Boost IN 2% Second Harmonic
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu) 14dB
- Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz -127dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, Levels min, 22-22kHz -93dBu
- USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
- Sample Rate 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Amplifier specification
- Amp Class D 500W + 500W with toroidal linear PSU. 9 band 2 channel graphic EQ.
- Speaker impedance 4 to 8 ohms
- Protection Amp thermal shutdown, Transformer resettable thermal fuse, Over and under voltage shutdown, DC offset shutdown, Backup crowbar protection, Over current protection.
- Cooling 60mm fan
- Frequency response both channels, 200W RMS 1kHz sine wave, 4 ohm loads 12Hz to 30kHz (-1/+1 dB)
- THD both channels, 200W RMS 1kHz sine wave, 4 ohm loads 0.3%
- Music power with 40% duty cycle, 1kHz sine into single/dual 4 ohm load, <1% distortion 500W / 450W
- Music power with 40% duty cycle, 1kHz sine into single/dual 8 ohm load, <1% distortion 285W / 265W
Physical & Dimensions
- Height: 140mm
- Width: 465mm
- Depth: 346mm
- Weight: 10.30kg